Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Holidays Are Fast Approaching


It's had to believe it's almost Halloween, isn't it? Doesn't it feel like summer was just starting a second ago? Then of course we'll have Thanksgiving festivities coming up soon. On that last, I'm kind of excited because I'm hosting my first official holiday in ten years. Yay! I'm pondering exciting mashed potato recipes and all the variables in cooking a turkey. I'm ill prepared to be in turkey-land on account of being a vegetarian, but I hear they have help lines and everything. Plus, B is a knowledgeable carnivore and thus will be helping to game things out. It shall all be fine and fun, if for no other reason than we'll make sure to have plenty of alcohol flowing all around.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel like I'm running at top speed through fog. There's so much to do that I can barely keep track of it.

In other news, I'm in happy technology land. Here are things that are way fun: slingboxes and Blackberries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. As much as I'm looking forward to the holidays, I'm already overwhelmed at what I'll have to accomplish before then for school, at home, etc. On the bright side, everything seems doable or at least bearable when someone has your back or can at least show you how to roast a turkey (have not had to do that yet, thankfully).

Laura said...

I share you feelings! I can't believe how much applications work there is to do alone. And every day, I get home and think, damn, car registration renewal, driver's license, XX bills, etc.

But, as my mom says (in re: Thanksgiving, but applicable to Life in General), be organized, make a list, plot it out, and do it a step at a time.

I'm not too worried about the turkey, though. Despite the fact that it appears that we may have contrasting family traditions, and my people are looking more readi-made by the second by comparison.