Monday, August 1, 2011

In Which I Create a PRESENCE for Myself

I'm trying to ramp up my presence in the online world so that I may:

1. Create a portfolio and website for freelance purposes
2. Interact with job chats via the twitter
3. Support my various claims of social media experience by showing myself engaged in social media

The portfolio site will have a public blog component too, so that my writing may be out there, in real, concrete terms.

I take issue, however, with the woman with my same name, who has hit the interwebs hard and gotten everywhere before me. Searches for user names come up as already taken! She has a website too, which, I'm sorry to say, is riddled with typos. I fear the confusion, people.

LATER. Seriously, the website for this person is for a writing class. She couldn't be a quilter, or a beekeeper, or a stamp enthusiast?

3 comments:

Toby said...

I believe "philatelist" is the term you're looking for. Time for a pen name. I recommend something in the beginning of the alphabet. Maybe something in the "C"s.

Laura said...

Nah, it was a choice. Keep your "philatelist" for the crossword puzzle. But you have a point. My new nom de plume should be A. Aaron Aaronson. Gender neutral, at the top of every alphabetical listing.

Erik Shveima said...

What you need is a Lithuanian name that was misspelled by some desk monkey at Ellis Island 100 years ago. That's the kind of thing that guarantees you virgin territory on the internets.