Monday, June 30, 2008

Come the Revolution (Or the Global Food Crisis), I'm Set

Dinner this evening: spinach salad from my garden. I have two plants left that are only slightly destroyed by the bunny! Also: chives, likewise from the garden. Deelish on both counts.

As a side note, but still related to vegetation in my yard, one of my weekend tasks was pruning the shit out of the bridal wreath (spirea) on the side of my stoop. Before, trimming involved a ladder and precarious climbing off the porch. Now . . .

. . . it's itty-bitty, twiggy, and manageable.

2 comments:

Toby said...

Looking good. I'm also jealous that you can grow your own food. It's a bit too windy/dark on our terrace, plus it would take forever to wash Broadway off of the greens and/or vegetables should they actually survive.

Laura said...

It is pretty exciting, although it would have been more exciting if I had gotten out in front of the varmints and installed the fence. I fear for my tomatoes.

Community garden plot, man
http://www.moregardens.org/nyc_gardens/manhattan