Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Signs That Perhaps the Control Issues You Have in Your Job May Be More about You Than You Thought

I'm sitting here trying to jot down a quick note to my petsitter--the one who was previously flummoxed by the battery insertion in my autofeeder--to include with her check for last weekend's services rendered. In doing so, I'm trying to, diplomatically, explain why I prefer she not load up my cat's dish with tuna and leave it for 24 hours.

Or, I should say, I'm not exactly explaining why I "prefer," at this point, because she has noted in response to my directions, "I know I give her more than you prefer..." What does it say about me that I'm arguing with someone that I'm paying to perform a specific service per my directions? And that I'm not just arguing but losing?

No comments: