Sunday, August 2, 2009

Why Perhaps It's Best Not to Send the Vegetarian Out to Find Your Meat-Related Products

I spent about an hour hunting through the grocery store for pizza sausage and pepperoni, then having located the relevant products, cross comparing and mulling over the options (mild? spicy? Italian? Italian-style?). Has there always been this many meat products, or has sausage gone the way of toothpaste and proliferated into a dizzying assortment from the days of yore?

Related to the above: We're going on vacation! For a solid week, la famille de Laura will be ensconced in a lake-adjacent vacation house. Certain parties will be getting a crash course on la famille de Laura, but as we are all fabulous and fun people, I expect the crash course more to resemble a beer-drinking class than high-school calculus.

T-minus six days and counting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We of the meat-consuming tribe salute and applaud your grocery-hunting prowess. Hunter? Gatherer? Laura does it all.

"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed." -- Lloyd Dobler

Laura said...

I did wear my little grocery cart wheels down to nubs with all the back and forth and indecision, I tell you whut. On the savannah, we'd all be toast, because I'd be pausing: berries? or gazelle meat? as the lions pounced.

"Kickboxing. Sport of the future."