Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Because I am Bored and Need Something New

It's a Margaret Atwood poem, and no, I don't know anyone named Daphne. Remember how I always threatened to do something like this? No? Well, I did, then I procrastinated as I am wont to do. I figured this would give me impetus to write (without a class), hone some new skills of the electronic variety, and also justify the purchase of the new laptop, which arrived in week 7 of my 8-week fiction course. I also envision that this will allow all people of my acquaintance to be regaled with the latest, la vida Laura. Economy! It is not quite as exciting as I would hope, but whose is? Today's spate of drama was the kit cat, because you haven't experienced fun until you've experienced the seventh circle of hell known as the vet's. On this, the cat and I agree. We branched out from the usual drama, and she threw in some vomiting, wailing, and hyperventilating in the car on the way there. Her list of organs with problems has grown. I think we've covered all of them now, although I can't speak for the spleen. I'm starting to see the value of houseplants.

4 comments:

Toby said...

Very nice, I like the background choice. Say hello to the kitty kat for me. It's been ages since she's horked up a hair ball for me.

Unknown said...

Fabulous! Livin' la vida Laura!

Anonymous said...

Me likey, chica! Looking forward to reading your future posts. Don't forget to add photos of your latest DIY projects.

Laura said...

Awww, Tobe, she'll dedicate her next yak to you, long distance.