Friday, July 20, 2007

Who Knew Farley Granger Wasn't Dead?

For those not the sole members of the Gen X Farley Granger fan club (i.e., me), he was in Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train, kind of the poor man's Gregory Peck. It turns out that he's in town this weekend for a Hitchcock double feature and to plug his new (first?) book. Me and the elderly ladies in line! (And gay men; he's openly gay.) Although I'm thinking I'll cut out after the films. How can it not be depressing to see him looking a gazillion years old? I suspect that this makes me shallow.

2 comments:

Toby said...

Shallow, maybe. But you could also spin this deep: You cannot bear to see the ravages of time in person and prefer to inhabit the celluloid world that has frozen his youth like amber does a prehistoric mosquito. But, it's mostly shallow.

I like your profile photo.

Laura said...

Totally Logans Run, dude. Although obviously I think 30's too young.

You never mentioned you had a blog over yonder.