Thursday, November 8, 2007

Spoken Like Someone Who's Never Ridden Mass Transit. In August.

In the ever consequential, allegedly female-targeted "Style" section of the New York Times, an important thesis. Americans are far far too paranoid about their deodorant application.

For many, winter is a time to relax grooming regiments [sic]. Bodies swathed in turtlenecks and boots need not be waxed, pedicured and S.P.F.’d to the gills. But among stench-phobic Americans, rare is the renegade who will go without an antiperspirant or deodorant for even a day.

Americans spent more than $2.3 billion on deodorant and antiperspirant in 2006, according to Euromonitor International, a market research firm. Yet few people stop to consider the rationale for performing their morning elbow dance.

Yeah, I'm not buying. I may be atypical, but frankly, I'm still trying to defunkify a lovely dress I happened to wear the one day I inexplicably forgot to put on the Secret. Shudder. Via.

No comments: