Friday, February 29, 2008

It's Friday: I Foresee a Happy Hour in My Future

Happy Leap Day! Celebrate in the tradition of your people.

1. ghetto superstar, joi
2. where were you? the mekons
3. lithium, nirvana
4. keep my skillet good and greasy, uncle dave macon
5. energy, the apples in stereo
6. rock the casbah, the clash
7. tomorrow she goes away, the ramones
8. my life is right, big star
9. stone heroes, penetration
10. sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band, the beatles

Hmm, I'm feeling all retro today, perhaps as a nod to the mead.

2 comments:

erik said...

i put so much new music in my itunes this week, and none of it made it into the random ten (sigh):\

1. interlude (milo)--modest mouse
2. dr. luther's assistant--elvis costello
3. do you love me now?--the breeders
4. sweet charity--mr bungle
5. blues to you--john coltrane
6. eight flew over, one was destroyed--mew
7. razzle dazzle rose--camera obscura
8. humming (live!)--portishead
9. wane ma maguiss--orchestra baobab
10. que bonita bailas--nortec collective

Laura said...

Ah, the whimsy of the iTunes.

On the basis of your assessment (like my APA style?), I nudged my source here to check out the Alison Krauss/Robert Palmer CD. I now that to listen to this weekend, plus some olivia tremor control and gram parsons. I've got no basis of knowledge on that last one, but I fear twanginess.