Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Since You Mentioned It

I wasn't going to say anything, because my sabbatical mind state precludes obsessing over the Jarndyce v. Jarndyce primary. But this really pissed me off.

Dude. Seriously, you're not 90, you're not an obscenely rich titan of industry who uses people and disposes of them, you're not Hugh Hefner. Knock that shit off. And I can think of few things less endearing to the Clinton dead-enders you might want to win over for the general election.

Somewhat encouragingly, he did issue a speedy apology.

2 comments:

Toby said...

While you are irritated, I wanted to get your take on the X-Files new movie. I may not have been their most devoted fan, but I was pretty into the show for several years. Given that, I would expect to be excited by the return to the storyline, but I'm not. My reaction has been more along the lines of "Did David Duchovny run out of money? Does PBS not get Gillian the funds she needs? Does anyone even remember the storyline at this point? Isn't the whole thing woefully pre-9/11?" Or is that just me?

Laura said...

Weird! I have the Simpsons' X-Files themed episode on right now, and I was thinking: damn, that show was good. Also: damn, that show was a long time ago.

I had no idea that there was a new X-Files movie coming out. The last one was so eh and so long ago.

What the hell? Why now? I can see David Duchovny wanting to drum up some cash (some bad project choices he made trying to launch his movie career), but I thought Gillian Anderson was doing London STAGE acting, dah'ling. (She also gets props for Bleak House, and look! That ties us back into my post.)

It's not just you, in short--woefully pre-9/11 and so 90s.