Sunday, January 4, 2009

Oddities Witnessed While Out and About

First, I will say that Milk is a pretty good movie, and Sean Penn is just a chameleon. Josh Brolin no longer remotely resembles that baby-faced eighties movie kid, and for some reason, I find this disturbing.

Seen on the streets while I was walking around today:

1. A man, skipping with two small children down the main drag in town and singing, at the top of his lungs, "We're Off to See the Wizard." You really have to admire that abandonment of propriety and embrace of the ridiculous in full, crowded public.

2. A guy on a motorcycle somehow playing a bagpipe version of "Amazing Grace." I'm not saying he was actually playing the bagpipes, I'm saying that the music was somehow coming from his little setup, piped in or out, as it were.

No comments: