Sunday, July 13, 2008

Let the Purity Trials Begin!

It is self evident that everyone in the country is exactly like me (if they're right thinking), and that my issues are of the vastest most paramount importance. Therefore, my chosen candidate must say exactly what I want to hear.* Screw you vague concepts of "winning," or "political realities," or "achieving political power," what really matters is how pleasing I find your particular phrasing when you're under maximum scrutiny to appeal to everyone and offend no one.

I also think that we are obligated, as good citizens, to reinforce whenever possible memes such as "flip-flopper" about my (well, let's face it, formerly chosen) candidate. The press can't do it all itself, people.

Sadly, all of this leads me to conclude that the only choice for the pure of heart is Cynthia McKinney. Or I hear John McCain is kinda sorta moderate and not at all flip-floppy.

LATER. Or, yeah, what she says here.

EVEN LATER (Just because I'm still thinking about it): If there is a person who cannot understand why a black dude from Chicago with a funny MUSLIM-sounding name might need to do some gesticulating in the direction of right, good, salt-o'-the-earth, middle-American people, I cannot help you.



*Past voting record is no indication of future performance or priorities.

No comments: