Friday, July 4, 2008

Okay, I Realize This Makes Me Sound Like an Elderly Crank

But am I the only person on the damned planet who doesn't feel free to stomp on everybody else's yard? What is up with that? My otherwise generally pleasant next-door neighbors (even if their yard/house maintenance has come to a halt after an energetic first year) and their five kids are, at this moment, merrily setting off eighty gazillion fireworks in the street in front of my house--as opposed to several feet down in front of their house--while running and screaming across my front lawn.

Seriously, I had to shut the windows for the noise and the asthma-inducing smoke wafting through. I suppose the slamming of the windows was a bit ostentatious, but it let me vent and prevented me storming out and scolding, which naturally would make me the bitch on whose lawn you want to stomp and possibly let your dog take a dump.

No comments: