Sunday, November 9, 2008

Too Much, People, Too Much

Your news from the online dating front. The guy (who won't fork out his photo, no less) who has, on his list of must-have's: a person who is above-average attractiveness level. While I'm flattered he feels I make the cut, I just can't parse the kind of person who thinks that way. It makes me wonder, for example, what happens when his partner has the bad taste to gain weight.

Also, I'm noticing a baffling abundance of guys who consider motorcycle riding to be one of life's great pleasures. Not to say there's anything wrong with that, I just find it strange.

Another curiosity are the guys who list on their perfect scenarios things like "holding hands and gazing into the eyes of that special someone." I'm not unromantic, but that just makes me shudder. It makes me wonder if they have ever had a relationship ever, and if they're getting what they know from watching too much period drama on PBS.

No comments: