Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm Insanely Behind Schedule, How About You?

The downside to the short work week is that you're screwed on schedules. Sigh. Nonetheless, I'm feeling pretty positive, until at least noon. Random music goodness, forthwith!

1. never had no one ever, the smiths
2. melody fair, bee gees
3. mis-shapes, pulp
4. fun house, the stooges
5. see in you, the album leaf
6. roland, interpol
7. beat on the brat, sonic youth
8. out of my head and back in my bed, loretta lynn
9. compliments, bloc party
10. tomorrow night, patty griffin

Quite peppy today, which is good, because I must Quark like I've never Quarked before.

4 comments:

erik said...

we are saturated with rain here in the southland, and expecting a weekend of more of the same. my randon ten pretty accurately reflects the mood you'd (or at least i'd) expect to be in on a rainy friday:

1. Bach:Cello suite no. 1 in G, BWV 1007: 3. courante--Pablo Casals
2. the poker--catherine russell
3. lotus land-scott--fritz kriesler
4. pulling mussels (from the shell)--squeeze
5. picazon--up, bustle, & out
6. como se goza en el barrio--marc ribot y los cubanos postizos
7. yours to keep (ft. neneh cherry)--teddybears
8. lucky--radiohead
9. the celibate life--the shins
10. [title unknown]--UA

Toby said...

Sorry, I forgot to record my list when I left the apt. this afternoon. I did want to say that after reading your post, I had a flash of Laura at her desk, Quarking furiously, while Joe Esposito's "You're the Best" plays as the soundtrack.

Laura said...

This is a reference to something I haven't seen?

But, generally, yes, I have a life soundtrack. It really pisses off the random people whose paths I cross, especially on the train in the morning. They're all, "hey! knock off that mary tyler moore theme music!"

Toby said...

It's the cheesy song from Karate Kid that accompanies Danny LaRusso's montage of successful fights at the All Valley Karate Championship. I believe South Park uses it fairly regularly for training sequences and other situations where an up-beat soundtrack is called for.
The life soundtrack concept is excellently portrayed in "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" (1988), BTW.