Tuesday, September 16, 2008

If, For No Other Reason, I'm Going Condo to Get Closer to the Train

I remind myself that I used to do this every day in the halcyon Philadelphia days, but I am over this "being a thirty-minute walk to the train" thing. The three-day downpour and resulting floods have somehow meant that my usual bus route has turned into gridlock for a straight mile and a half for the last two days. So I've been walking to the train in the morning, and walking from the train in the evening.

I have class tonight, and my poor friend with whom I'm taking this class and with whom I usually get a ride home, is coming in although she did not work today and is flu beset. And a part of me is glad! Because, good lord, there's just no way I can drag my sorry ass home like that tonight. I'm tired just thinking about it.

No comments: