Monday, December 3, 2007

Heroes: "And You and Linderman Wanted to End the World. Doesn't Sound Like You've Changed Much, Mom"

If only I had a dollar for the number of times my mother and I have had this exact conversation.

"Adam is my friend! We're destroying the virus." Yeah, you just keep believing that, Peter. When Maya is lapping you on deductive reasoning, it is time to reassess.

How much do I love Hiro, though? And Nathan? Notwithstanding his horrible hair. Really, he needs a haircut. And Parkman doing his crazy power, craning his neck and all? He looks like an idiot.

For obvious reasons, one cannot take as a given that a dead hero is really a dead hero. But Niki surely seems to be gone.

I can't handle the hanging in space until we may or may not get back to our Heroes storyline, though. I support the writers, but this is all just too difficult for me personally. Does no one factor in my feelings?

Shit, I was distracted. Who was buried alive? And further shit, speaking of no one caring about my feelings, what the hell! Not Nathan! NO, NOT NATHAN! I have nothing to watch for now.

9 comments:

Toby said...

Yeah, we got the Niki right, and the Maya half-right but Nathan was a surprise. As you say though, can he really be dead? Peter knows his blood can heal him.

And that was Adam who was buried alive. Hiro left him inside his father's coffin. You know, though, because he is immortal, it's only a matter of time before he tunnels his way out of there. I mean Andy Dufresne tunneled through the walls of Shawshank in less than 20 years.

Laura said...

Ahhhh. That's true. I expect Niki's gone for good, though.

Also, Angela's a cold-blooded mama.

Great! A 2028 face off between immortal man and future Hiro! Bet Hiro has a ponytail by then.

So I had this weird dream last night whereby there was a team-centered (you were there and Erik was there) competition of some sort. Somehow, I was doing a Supremes medley, but Erik's team pulled it out in the pinch because he had this really awesome contraption whereby he could draw and make music at the same time. It was totally not fair.

Toby said...

Oh, question: Why did Peter strain and risk a brain hemorrhage ripping the door off the vault with his telekinesis when he could have just phased through it, as he and Adam did to escape from the company?

Laura said...

That's a really really good question. Maybe it didn't occur to him? And possibly because it would have been quicker and more efficient.

Another question: Peter has done these time-travel things in past that looked to me like outside forces were trying to point him in certain directions. Has he had enough contact with Hiro to absorb that power? I'm sure there's a simple answer, I'm just so bogged down with the details of the mythology that I can't hold onto it all.

Laura said...

Hold on. I think I just answered my own question. Wasn't Peter the one that froze time so that the virus didn't shatter.

Carry on.

Nikki said...

I don't think he froze time so the vile wouldn't shatter. I think he used Sylar's power to move the vile so it wouldn't hit the floor.

Laura said...

Oh. So does Peter have the power to time-travel/manipulate time? Or is his jumping around an unexplained phenomenon that may be dictated by other powers?

Laura said...

By other powers, I should clarify, I mean that in the Powers That Be sense.

Nikki said...

I thought that he just has to come into contact with someone for him to absorb their powers. So, he only saw Hiro for a little bit, but he now is able to time travel. That is why when Hiro came to the paper factory and stopped time Peter was able to still move.

I haven't thought about it in the sense that someone else could be controlling his time travel and moving him about like a game piece. That would be interesting.