Saturday, December 8, 2007

A Thought on Product Purchase

A point of much family contention is that, as a child, I was sorely deprived of my own legos. Yes, I was forced to play with my brother's, until my mother finally found the proper girl-themed set--a bathroom (my mother swears it was pink legos, but I do submit to you that the bathroom set is emblazoned, for obvious reason, on my memory).

A day of shopping at ground-zero for commerce, however, brought us to the Lego Store (cool!), where there were many many fun-looking sets. Of course, there was snark about the need for us to locate the pink legos.

I would like to suggest that girl children (dancing or otherwise) do not actually need this, per seBut can, like boys, have a lot of fun with this:

2 comments:

Nancy and Rick said...

I still contend that those little girl Lego's were cute by golly and you have to admit that at least our hearts were in the right place if not our political correctness. I had a great time shopping with my non-shopping daughter in that vast holiday madness called Chicago. Mom

Laura said...

You know I like to tease, of course. ; - ) I'll be doing my part for the next generation, while I'm grooming a tiny fashionista. No, I see no contradiction.

It was indeed lots of fun! I say that as a nonshopper. Sometimes you have to throw yourself into the melee and experience it. Plus the people were absurdly nice.