Friday, December 28, 2007

It's Friday, It's Snowing, I'm Home, the Pandas Are Sleeping, I Have New Music

Yes, everybody is on vacation or otherwise engaged in pre-New Year's suspension of normal activities. I myself am pausing with coffee before launching on sundry cat-related errands (not all for mine, believe it or not; the catsit collective has many obligations and rewards). Anyway, it was with great anticipation that I queued up the random ten: what exciting goodies would turn up?

1. here comes the summer, the undertones
2. pitter patter goes my heart, broken social scene
3. love more than pride, laura lee
4. sometimes i remember, the pernice brothers
5. garageland, the clash
6. death valley ’69, sonic youth
7. moonage daydream, david bowie
8. being for the benefit of mr. kite, the beatles
9. warsaw, joy division
10. both have to pay, the mystery meat

More of a retro feel here, but trust me, I got all sorts of new music for Christmas.

2 comments:

erik said...

no fair sneaking in a random ten when everyone else is too busy (i.e., drunk) to participate! by way of compensation, here's a list of the vinyl i bought in san francisco:

1. oscar peterson performing a set of bossa nova songs.
2. a collection of samba hits from brazil, from 1975.
3. the cars' eponymous first album.
4. "cavalcade," the lonesome organist.

Laura said...

Sweet, sweet vinyl. Timely on the Oscar Peterson.