One of my dining-room chairs, with new seat cover. The impressive aspects of this are:
1. The previous seat cover was the nadir of home-decor, being made of vinyl with a faux-wood pattern. I tried to take a picture of it for a before-and-after demonstration, but the vinyl kept reflecting the camera's flash, impeding a clear look at it. So you'll have to take my word for it that it was really ugly.
2. I found the upholstery fabric in the fifty-percent-off remnants bin ($8/yard), and it was another fifty percent off that. So I got two yards for $8.
Also, it's very satisfying to use a staple gun.