Monday, August 18, 2008

Possibly This Illustrates the Need

I'm absolutely paralyzed with indecision over the options available for career counseling. Multiple sessions of three-hour tests! Group phone meetings! Fashioning mission statements and basically projecting the can-do-spirit of it all! It all seems so depersonalized and Job Industry Inc./PBS infomercial.

The first woman I spoke to is actually seeming more reasonable. Her one-hour sessions were at least geared toward talking to me, and the supporting measures and evaluations were in addition to the counseling. The phone format doesn't look out of spec for the services, and now that I think of it, it would be more discreet to hide for a lunch hour once a week. And she also will do things like help gear the resume and help with the interview skills.

Hmm. Perhaps I will call her back tomorrow.

No comments: