Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Can't Take Three More Months of Handwringing about Obama's Poll Troubles

Obama maintains a consistent, but small, lead in the polls, and it's good news for . . . McCain. Because despite the fact that the electorate is split and despite elections these days boiling down to fights on the margins for the undecideds, Obama is supposed to be up by ten points or something--I'm not sure what the arbitrary measure of appropriate benchmarking is for a black man with the middle name of Hussein running for president. When did Indiana last go blue? Was I alive then? I can't remember. Anyway, I'm sure I don't need to tell you that Obama's being tied there, rather than ahead as he was in June, is cause for major concern. And, jesus, the fact that he's three points down among his strongest demographic, the older folk in Florida, is definitely worrisome.

So, friends, things are really really bad for Obama when McCain is up by five points in one poll. Obviously, only Hillary can save things. Because the 60 people at the PUMA convention really need to be brought back into the fold to unify the fractured party!

Shoot me now.

No comments: