Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Oooooh, Classy

I hate to say it, but I'm starting to feel really sorry for Cindy McCain. She has millions and no doubt is the sole reason for John McCain's political career, yet this is the type of thing she has to put up with:

ABC News' Gregory Wallace and Sara Just Report: Sen. John McCain, R-Az., perhaps unknowingly, volunteered his wife for a beauty pageant on Monday that often features contestants topless -- and, occasionally, without any decency -- at the Sturgis, South Dakota, motorcycle rally.

"I was looking at the Sturgis schedule, and noticed that you had a beauty pageant, so I encouraged Cindy to compete," McCain told an audience at the rally. "I told her [that] with a little luck, she could be the only woman to serve as both the First Lady and Miss Buffalo Chip."

The is was followed by whoops and hollers of approval from the drunk biker dudes in attendance. Hah hah hah! Good clean fun, humiliating your 56-year-old wife! When I put it together with stuff like this, I really sense a bit of hostility here. Call me old-fashioned, but anyone--let alone my husband--who called me the c-word in any context would cease to be someone I know at all.

2 comments:

Toby said...

I believe calling your wife Miss Buffalo Chip is legally equivalent to using the c-word, so he's doubly up a creek on this one.

Laura said...

No kidding! "Miss Shit."

And if you've seen what that contest comprises, it's, um, eyebrow raising. But, you know, salt of the earth, Real 'Mericuns, and all that.