Saturday, October 6, 2007

An Academic Discussion, by Me, on Objectification

Ultimate male (and female) hotties of the 70s and 80s?
It's interesting. Most of these dudes make me shiver a little, and not in a good way. I'm not sure whether it's the age gap or whether the contrast to their current incarnations has rendered them completely horrifying to contemplate in hotness terms (Mel Gibson??!! Tom Cruise??!! Kevin Costner??!!). It's a puzzle.

Ultimate male (and female) hotties of the 90s to 2007?
Ahhh, Viggo!

But, Pat Benatar? Really?

2 comments:

Toby said...

I actually jumped to the photos before reading your post and when I hit Pat Benatar in photo #2, I thought "come on, Pat Benatar?" Other than that, I had my quibbles with Cher. Plus, I'm even more convinced Heather Locklear sold her soul to the devil, because as far as I can tell, she hasn't aged in twenty years.

Laura said...

Yeah, I raised an eyebrow at Cher too. I'll have to poll, but she's always been so campy over the top, even when she was sporting matching fur vests with Sonny.

Heather Locklear does seem to have closed a deal with a good surgeon. She'll be like Marilu Henner, taut well into late middle age.