Sunday, October 28, 2007

Why, Yes, I Should Be Doing Something Productive

Stephen Fry has a blog! (House fans, take note and toss thee some Jeeves and Wooster into the Netflix queue.) And he muses, at length, on fame, e.g.:
It is obvious and wholly understandable that when people approach you they want to present themselves as separate from the herd: they are not aware that the more they attempt to be different the more they are in fact identical. When I had a crush on Donny Osmond I was convinced that if he could only get to know me he would discover that I was so different from everyone else around him that he would understand how we were meant for each other. This is Stance A, the Standard Defining Fan Feeling, and covers the beliefs of all fans from obsessive to faint admirer.
God, I love the internets.

No comments: