Friday, October 26, 2007

Is It Possible This Was Some Sort of Global-Warming-Related Super Week?

Because it went on for freakin' ever, even though I was off on Monday. It seems inexplicable.

Random ten:
1. chicken wire, pernice brothers
2. chalkhills and children, xtc
3. clubland, elvis costello and the attractions
4. ferris wheel, pernice brothers
5. i'm a honky tonk girl, loretta lynn
6. the child is gone, fiona apple
7. sex, the pipettes
8. sweet thing, rufus with chaka khan
9. age, x-ray spex
10. love on a farmboy's wages, xtc

Yay, Pernice Brothers! WOOt XTC! I swear, I really do have a lot more artists, but my iPod is apparently in a rut.

9 comments:

Toby said...

Marya and I upgraded to a new iPod over the weekend and have been spending the week re-loading our music. We're about 400 songs off the original music library, so another few days should do the trick.

It's nice to have an iPod whose battery lasts more than 20 minutes again.

Laura said...

Awesome! Which one did you get? The 80 gig? My friend just bought that, and it's sweet. I love how you can fan out your album covers in the shuffle mode.

Unknown said...

Yes, the 80 gig, which seems a bit ridiculous since we only have about 6 gigs of music (just one gig too big for the 5 gig nano). Maybe I'll store some South Park episodes on it.

Toby said...

Oops, I was in some obscure gmail account, so "Hopeful" was me. I used that to send anonymous B-school questions to my alumni lists lest co-workers discovered my escape plan.

Laura said...

Dear "Hopeful in Seattle",

heh.

Do load up with videos. Very fun to watch them on a teeny screen.

erik said...

i'm totally late with my ten random, but, um i was at this kegger last night, and i skipped first period to sleep in, but then my alarm didn't go off, and...oh, nevermind.

1. the fear theme--the cinematic orchestra
2. be stiff [stiff version]--devo
3. la gitana--fritz kriesler
4. you!--the creatures
5. another day--air
6. tilt-a-whirl tragedy--big bang television
7. when we are alone--akira tana
8. 1 for daddy-O--cannonball adderley
9. sombre detune--royksopp
10. soul rebel--the wailing wailers

all perfectly fine selections for a blah friday. good work itunes!

Laura said...

I'm sure the cat was involved.

Cannonball Adderley? You would enjoy a spin through our library.

erik said...

the bmrc library? i would take it home, spread it all over my bed and roll around on it, a la trina.

Laura said...

Presumably sans librarians. Not that they're not nice people, of course.