Friday, October 12, 2007

It's Friday, Thank You, Sweet Jesus

1. same old drag, apples in stereo
2. punk, gorillaz
3. o my soul, big star
4. get him back, fiona apple
5. she's so modern, the boomtown rats
6. burgundy shoes, patty griffin
7. gone for good, the shins
8. the mariner's revenge song, the decemberists
9. one with the freaks, the notwist
10. it's all wrong but it's all right, laura lee

Hmm, the random music, eeez not so exciting today.

A Friday thought. I would like to inquire of random head-snapping or, in isolated incidences, harassing dudes on the street (not that any are represented here): how is it that my normal cloak of invisibility disappears when (1) I have the flu or severe allergies and feature a wad of tissues and a bright-red, runny nose or (2) it is cold, I am covered head to foot, and usually wearing something, if not exactly androgynous, not particularly exciting or sexxxay? I don't think this is atypical for women. One of life's eternal mysteries.

Another random Friday thought. Here's the point when you can stop kidding yourself that your eyesight without glasses or contacts isn't so bad that you can't get by without them. Say you're carrying a small armload of clothes to dump out and sort on the bed, and to make a neater pile, you dump them out onto the pile that's already there. When the already-existing pile turns out to be the cat, then you know you should probably ensure you have glasses at all times.

2 comments:

erik said...

ok, my friday list:

1. cello suite II in D minor, BWV 1008 I. prelude (i.e., something written by bach)--edgar meyer
2. Miner at the dial-a-view--grandaddy
3. the walk [everything mix]--the cure
4. rush--big audio dynamite
5. drone--dj logic
6. in a heartbeat--koop
7. pulses-steve reich
8. head held high--the velvet underground
9. endless fall--chocolate genius
10. julie and candy--boards of canada

apparently my itunes doesn't want to play anything less than 6 years old today.

Laura said...

Who is this "Bach" of whom you speak?

Ah, the iTunes mischief making--some mornings it's all country all the time.

I saw a fabulous-sounding job, by the way, in, I think, San Merino, CA.

Have a good weekend! I'm off to a wedding where I will know no one except the groom. Should be entertaining....