Thursday, September 13, 2007

As Someone Whose Bike Is Gathering Dust in the Basement

Although I did fully intend to ride it last weekend. The reason why I don't ride it more? The feeling that I'm defying death ever time I have to navigate the insanely congested major arteries surrounding my tiny island of bungalows. Bike paths? Hah!

And it's really nice that the secretary of transportation believes that bike paths and pedestrian walkways are not part of the transportation infrastructure.

Yeah, that's why that bridge collapsed in Minneapolis--the 1.5 percent of federal transportation dollars sucked--sucked--by those ridiculous alternative forms of transport. Stupid greenies and virtuous tree huggers trying to force their way of life on the rest of us motorists.

2 comments:

Toby said...

I hate those environmentalists soo much!

Laura said...

Damn straight. Ruining a good gas-guzzling sendentary lifestyle with their guilt-inducing ways. Global warming is a hoax, you know.