Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Out and Aboot

In reference to the accent quiz, I've decided to cultivate a Canadian accent, eh?

Stuff that amuses and/or raises eyebrows:

America's Next Top Model winner "boycotts" BET and Black History Month
, because
I am over this shit. WE ALL CAME FROM ONE BLACK WOMAN FROM AFRICA, THAT is our EVE! It has been proven by science, and I stand by it. If any other race had a chanel dedicated to just them, we would think it was racist. If any other race demanded a month be set aside for ONLY them, they would be considered racist. I am NOT living by this double standard any longer.
And she's so not racist, because she once dated a black kid in junior high.

Also, today is the fiftieth anniversary of the Little Rock school integration. Vanity Fair has a story about the two girls in an iconic photo of that time.

The housing market continues apace with its tanking
. I'm so pleased to be a homeowner.

Recount of 2000, the movie
! Coming to a theater near you fall 2008.

And I don't think I have to tell you about the perils of the cupcakes.

2 comments:

erik said...

in the not-so-distant future, when there is a celebutard history month, schoolkids across america will get out their crayons and draw pictures of curry and her black junior high school crush holding hands under a rainbow.

Laura said...

I'm wondering how she feels about Lifetime TV for women. And Animal Planet.