Saturday, September 29, 2007

You Know What's a Fun Thing to Do on a Saturday Morning?

Getting up a dawn, wrestling a freaked-out cat with talon-length claws into a carrier, and hanging out at the vet's for a while. I highly recommend it. It's so refreshing. Especially if--and this part is essential to the experience--you do it before you've had coffee.

And I can confirm that my reliable source is indeed reliable, and the first volume, at least, of the Old Grey Whistle Test kicks ass. Live performances from the seventies of: the Wailers, the Ramones, the Damned, XTC, Emmylou Harris, the Talking Heads, Tom Waits, Bonnie Raitt, John Lennon, the Police, etc. etc. etc. I skipped through some others on the disc, but most of it was great. And as a side note, I was completely dumbfounded that Michael Stipe once had long, flowing, curly hair.

No comments: