Saturday, September 8, 2007

Is My Kitchen a Showplace? Why Yes, Yes It Is.

Here's some more of what I've been doing round about the house.

Ottoman slipcover, sewn by yours truly. It's a lovely faux suede/velour touchy fabric. Of course, there's already a cat-vomit stain on it. But, joy! It's machine washable.

And I know you've all been waiting for the debut of my ethereal, insanely expensive refrigerator, with freezer on the bottom. It's actually a very handy configuration and eliminates the annoying crawling around once necessary to root through the crisper drawers. Now I can see, at eye level, when I have stuff rotting.

See, there's the omnipresent feline apothecary on the countertop. On the fridge are magnets that I made from postcards of vintage pulp comic covers. (I was looking for these, which I love, but I couldn't find them anymore except online. And I should pay $10 for shipping $10 worth of magnets? Ha!)

A closeup:
I also mounted cork boards on magnets on which I can organize all the stupid papers I have floating around: city citations, pilling direction cheat sheets, doctor information, and so forth. They're going on the side of the fridge, concealed yet handy and accessible. I'm planning on moving toward a more arty treatment of our former fridge munchkin, family, and friend photo gallery.

It's the insane ingenuity of Martha Stewart mixed with the practical applicability of Real Simple, with a dash of one-of-a-kind chic style, no?

No comments: