Monday, September 3, 2007

Not Convinced that Our Healthcare System Is Screwed?

If you're not, congratulations on your spectacular health insurance. Can you let me know where, so I can send in my resume? In other news
Almost 1 in 4 of all children in the Virginia foster care system is there because their parents couldn’t afford mental health care. Because the parents can’t afford mental health care for their children, whether it’s unavailable or unaffordable, they give up parental rights so their bipolar, schizophrenic, and depressed children are eligible for Medicaid.
Is this one of those market efficiencies I keep hearing about?

5 comments:

Toby said...

Okay, I'm back in regular internet connectivity. What'd I miss?

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Ooopsie. Deleted myself.

You missed: not much. Wacky clowns.

This bloggin' 'tis hard. I'm obviously outmatched by technology.

mud_rake said...

House Bill 676 is the answer. Watch for a great media blitz from the insurance and pharma companies against it.

Laura said...

Thanks for the tip. By the way, I read your blog, but your trolls! I'm afraid to comment, lest they swarm here and try to save my soul ; - )