Monday, September 10, 2007

How Stupid Am I?

Some of you may know, I bought a nifty new electric lawnmower. It's kind of tiny and toy-like, but it's practically a monster truck compared to my old push reel. So every Sunday, give or take, I'm out doing the thing we Bungalow-ville denizens do, mowing, trimming, and aiming for maximal yard conformity.

I got home from work today, in the rain, and was rushing to get out the door again to meet friends for dinner. In the kitchen, I happened to glance out the window at my neighbor's fence. Lo! They had an electric lawnmower! How cool, I thought, I've started a trend. A bit odd to leave it out in the rain and all, but still. And wait, it's the exact same kind as mine....

And of course, it was mine. Moron that I am, I left it out all day, all night, all the next day, and out in the rain. And my kind neighbors obviously pulled it back from where I left it. Will I electrocute myself, do you think, if I go to use it the next time?

2 comments:

Nancy and Rick said...

No, it will be fine just let it set for a couple of days. I thought it was just people who got old that did things like that, Laura.

Dad

Laura said...

Tell me about it! I was just glad no one stole it.